Web & App Development Process
Whether you need to update an existing website or create a new website, web store, microsite, or mobile app, BlueFusion brings together a talented design and development team to deliver a powerful and effective online and/or mobile solution.
We take every development project through a 6-phase WebQuest or AppQuest process based on client budget and needs.
Phase I. Discovery
- Meet with client team and stakeholders to discuss scope of project, objectives, ideas, timelines and budget;
- Review current website(s) and/or apps;
- Research target audience(s), marketplace and competition; and
- Prepare a project brief.
Phase II. Documentation
- Based on discovery, write Business Requirements Documentation.
- The BRD outlines development platform, plug-ins and other technologies; assets and resources; timelines and milestones; and estimated hours and budget.
Phase III. Design
- Create wireframes to show organization and navigation;
- Prepare mockups to show creative design options;
- Set up Content & Assets library to manage copy, images, videos, graphics, links, databases, ecommerce, and processes and functions.
Phase IV. Development
- Code website or app to design and functionality specifications
- Program actions, processes, and automations
- Incorporate image viewers, audio or video players
- Incorporate plug-ins
- Connect databases
- Activate links
- Quality Control and Compliance testing
Phase V. Deployment
- Transfer files to hosting vendor and/or client IT department
- Submit app(s) to Apple, GooglePlay, and/or Microsoft stores
- Set up CMS & Training
- Set up SEO paremeters
- Set up Analytics
- Launch into market
Phase VI: Support